NVMe storage systems and NVMe networks promise to reduce latency further and increase performance beyond what SAS based flash systems and current networking technology can deliver. To take advantage of that performance gain, however, the data center must have workloads that can take advantage of all the latency reduction and performance improvements that NVMe offers. Vendors emphatically state that NVMe is the next must-have technology, yet many still continue to provide are SAS based arrays using traditional networks.
How do IT planners know then, that investing in NVMe will truly provide their organizations the benefits of NVMe for their demanding applications and see a measurable return on investment? Just creating a test environment to perform an NVMe evaluation can break the IT budget!
Attend the on demand webinar with Storage Switzerland and Virtual Instruments, and SanBlaze as we look at the state of the data center and provide IT planners with the information they need to decide if NVMe is an investment they should make now or if they should wait a year or more. The key is determining which applications can benefit from NVMe-based approaches.
In this event, IT professionals will learn
- About NVMe, NVMe Storage Systems and NVMe over Fabric Networking
- The Performance Potential of NVMe Storage and Networks
- What attributes are needed for a workload to take advantage of NVMe
- Why NVMe creates problems for current IT testing strategies
- Why a Workload Simulation approach is the only practical way to test NVMe
- How to build a storage performance validation practice