Database applications like Oracle and MS-SQL make up most of the active data set. Making sure these applications respond almost instantly to user requests is a critical function for IT. The problem is meeting the instant response expectation is expensive, and for some organizations impossible with today’s technology. All-Flash helps but doesn’t quite deliver the fully optimized nirvana that IT wants.
In this on demand webinar join Storage Switzerland’s founder and lead analyst George Crump and Vexata’s VP of Products and Solutions Rick Walsworth as they explain how all-flash systems have fallen short and how IT can realize the full potential of flash-based storage without the compromises.
Learn 5 areas where all-flash arrays miss the database performance mark:
- Controller-based architectures, limit scale and performance
- Not enough bandwidth results in long data loads
- AFAs scale in bricks, wasting resources and adding complexity
- Doesn’t leverage application compute, adding more cost and more complexity
- NVMe shows only modest performance gains on current systems
and learn how to get your database performance on target!