The flash optimized NVMe protocol has been on the market for over a year and the technology is available in several forms. NVMe, both storage and networking (NVMe over Fabrics) is more expensive than the typical SAS based solution and not all applications or environments can take advantage of the performance NVMe promises. At the same time there are workloads like artificial intelligence, machine learning and high velocity analytics that need all the performance that NVMe can offer and some organizations are buying NVMe solutions just for those workloads.
Most data centers already have too many storage systems to manage, and adding another silo just for extreme performance workloads may make the problem even worse. IT needs a strategy to not only correctly integrate NVMe into the data center but to do so in a way that doesn’t further fragment the architecture. In fact, with the right strategy, IT can use the NVMe system as a point of storage consolidation.
In this on demand webinar join experts from Storage Switzerland and Western Digital for an interactive webinar the will help you develop an NVMe strategy that makes the most sense for your organization.
- What is NVMe and NVMe over Fabrics?
- What workloads need NVMe Performance?
- Why NVMe threatens to further fragment storage architectures
- How to create a NVMe Strategy that meets the performance demand, lowers costs and consolidates storage
- Get your specific questions answered in our round table