The cloud seems like a logical destination for backup data. It is by definition off-site, and the organization no longer needs to worry about allocating valuable floor space to secondary data storage. The problem is that most cloud backup solutions fall short of delivering enterprise class data protection.
Most cloud backup solutions are too complicated to set up and upgrade, don’t provide complete platform support, don’t provide flexible recovery options, can’t meet the enterprises RTO/RPO requirements and don’t provide a class of support that enables organizations to lower their operational expense.
First enterprises need to understand that overall value of moving backup operations to the cloud. Once they’ve decided that the cloud makes sense for their organization, they need to make sure that the potential solution can deliver the five critical capabilities.
- Turnkey all in one solution – Enterprises don’t have time to put together the erector set that most vendors deliver.
- Complete platform support – While enterprises have broadly adopted hypervisors like VMware, they also still have a significant investment in bare metal servers.
- Flexible Recovery Options – Recovery in the cloud, on-premises with the granular restore of files and application data.
- Deliver Enterprise Class RPO/RTOs – Enterprise needs to meet stringent RPOs and RTOs. Enterprise solutions should deliver 15 minutes or less of RPO/RTO.
- Support so good it reduces operational costs – One goal of moving to the cloud is cost reduction. If the cloud backup solution can’t provide quality support then the most expensive aspect of backup, operations, can’t be reduced.
Join us for this on demand webinar to learn:
- Why switch to the cloud for enterprise backup?
- The five critical capabilities enterprises MUST have in cloud backup solutions. What they are and why enterprises need them?
- Why and where most solutions miss the mark
- How Carbonite Server delivers the five critical capabilities